Friday, August 15, 2008

My Kundalini Practice


I've benefited so much from having two sets of yoga practice!  My anusaura practice kicks my butt and lifts my spirits.  My kundalini practice has strengthened my resolve, opened my energy, and helped me clear blocks.  

So every once in a while, I'd like to share some of my daily practice.  

I have been working with Gurmukh's Seven Human Talents since 2001, when I first went through it and did 40 days with each chakra.  Now, I do occasional tune-ups when I'm feeling an emotional block or physical block in one area.  In July and August, I've been working on Chakra 6 -- which corresponds to the pituitary gland and intuition.

So I've been doing this difficult set lately -- sit cross-legged and bring your hands in a prayer mudra with your thumbs meeting at your third-eye point (right at the brow bone, between your eyes).  Breathe deeply with your hands here for 3, 7, or 11 minutes.  You may want to silently chat "Sat Nam."  Next, hold your arms our to your side, parallel to the ground, and simply (ha!) flap your hands at the wrist up and down, rapidly, breathing strongly, for 3, 7, or 11 minutes (gosh if you can do it for 11 minutes I'm impressed!).   When you're done, sit silently and breathe deeply for as long as your time allows.

These two kiras, combined, will balance your brain, and trigger your own awareness of your intuition.

Sat nam and namaste!

No comments: